Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Other way to view PIX syslog ?
From: "Trevor Cushen" <Trevor.Cushen () sysnet ie>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 09:14:05 -0000

I agree with Chris, Perl is indeed your friend.  I would use a web
interface which I find easier for this type of work.

There is a product called sysklogd which will run on a linux machine and
place your logs into mysql.  Then the Perl and web interface will make
life very easy as you can run queries on time, ip address, etc.

Kiwi I would recommend but you didn't like it.  Winsyslog is another one
on this line that you may find better.  If it is only one or two PIX
boxes then I would go with a Linux machine with Apache, Perl, MySQL and
Sysklogd.  In no time at all you have a central logging server with a
nice web front end to view all the logs.

Trevor Cushen
Sysnet Ltd

www.sysnet.ie
Tel: +353 1 2983000