Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows Update - SUS - An thanks everyone
From: "Fred Williams" <A20FBW1 () wpo cso niu edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 16:38:18 -0600

Hello,

Be sure to read this first!
http://www.iisanswers.com/articles/sus.htm

"Stephen C. Gay" <sgay () ellijay com> 11/09/02 09:05PM >>>
Hello all,

Thanks for all of the information. I have begun the task of looking at
SUS,
but I thought it was a costly product...not the free solution as yall
have
stated.

ince M$ uses SUS and IIS to do their Windows Update site this solution
should be more than adequate for my needs. Also blocking any extranet
access
to the SUS server at the firewall is a great suggestion (As we do with
all
our servers that don't need external access).

Let the research begin! If anyone knows of any pitfalls or points I
need to
look at for SUS, please let me know.

Thanks again,
Stephen Gay