Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Separate firewall/VPN, or integrated? References appreciated
From: Bob George <mailings01 () ttlexceeded com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:23:58 -0700

Are there any authoritative references on the subject of combining firewall and VPN server functionality (i.e. Nokia/CheckPoint) versus separate devices (i.e. Cisco PIX, VPN3000)? There's plenty of vendor-speak, and I've got my own ideas about KISS and firewalls, but it's nice to have a respected reference to cite as well.

Thanks,

- Bob

  By Date           By Thread