Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Newbie: RedHat 8 or OpenBSD??
From: "Golden_Eternity" <bhodi_jabir () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:56:21 -0800

Setting aside any religious preference, I wouldn't suggest using a x.0 or
x.1 redhat release for your server. Before they blew their numbering scheme
with 7.3, I would have said to stick with a .2 release.

So, if you're gonna do redhat, do 7.3. Its a tested version and its a
release they're going to maintain for a while. Keeping it up to date will be
easier.