Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Secure FTP Server Search
From: "Chris Berry" <compjma () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:49:45 -0800

From: IDS Guy <ids_guy () yahoo com>
I am looking for a secure FTP server which has less
vulnerabilities compared to IIS. Besides
functionality, it is important to be tightly secure &
not to have some vulnerabilities related with FTP
commands such as FTP PORT / SITE / NLIST.

Sounds like ssh (specifically the sftp and scp portions) is what you're looking for. You can find a free version of OpenSSH for windows at http://www.networksimplicity.com/openssh/

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"And here in our server room you can see our Beowolf Cluster of C64's that keeps our enterprise on the very cutting edge of technology."