Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Protect folder data.
From: "Tony - CIA;CISA;CDP;CPA;MBA" <tony572000 () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 00:59:48 +0000

Hi,

I have some highly confidential data that I frequently access on in a folder that is on my desktop computer (ie win2k). I want to make sure no one but me will able to see this data. Does anyone know of any freeware\shareware that will 1) en-crypt the data in the folder and/or 2) require a password to open up the folder? I need to make sure a person like our lan admin or desk top support person can not figure out a way to get to the data.

Tony CIA,CISA,CDP,MBA