Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Locking Cisco Router
From: "Chris Berry" <compjma () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:10:26 -0800

From: "Vik Evans" <vik () packeteye com>
Or there is always the over-worked, in house IT person who ends up
forgetting the password for what ever reason - what does he do now?

Being overworked is understandable, failing to keep an encrypted copy of all your passwords in case you forget is not, fire him. (Take a look at PasswordSafe from www.counterpane.com 448bit blowfish encrypted storage) However if this item is like most hardware I've worked with, there will be a reset jumper or backup battery you can mess with inside the case that will clear all of the memory.

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"And here in our server room you can see our Beowolf Cluster of C64's that keeps our enterprise on the very cutting edge of technology."