Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Kerio Personal Firewall
From: kevin <iam () thehomepc net>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:19:07 -0800

Have you checked out Zone Alarm Pro?  It tells you what is going on and
gives you the best protection for a Windows box that I have tested.

http://www.zonelabs.com/

"Chee%2dHeng Chin" wrote:

Hello list,
           I am trying to configure Kerio Personal Firewall and this firewall
allows me to specify explicitly which service is allowed inbound/outbound
connection thru either TCP/UDP including the exact port numbers and IP range to
respond to.

My question is: Is there a software/utility that will tell me exactly which
service/application is currently listening on exactly which TCP/UDP port number?

"netstat -a" only lists the active listening ports but doesnt tell me which
service/application is listening on that port for incoming packets.

I would like to "lock down" the server as much as possible by specifying
exactly which port and service a connection is allowed. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

chchin

--
Kevin McKinstry
Shelton, WA

Please do not anthropomorphize your computer.  They hate it when you do
that.

http://www.thehomepc.net

UNIX, the power to serve! The stability to out-perform!
Keep the daemon alive, use FreeBSD http://www.FreeBSD.org/

I believe it would be irresponsible (and thus, unethical) for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use of any product that is, or depends
on, any Microsoft product for any purpose other than personal amusement
and frustration.

This is an email address of a Washington State resident.  For more
information, go to:
http://www.wa.gov/ago/clearinghouse/consumer/junkemail/home.html

  By Date           By Thread