Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Basic rules for IPTABLES protection
From: "Erick Arturo Perez Huemer" <eperez () compuservice net>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 01:27:37 -0500

I am about to install a RedHat 8.0 box with iptables to act as our
firewall for our internal network that consists of 20 machines.

Besides doing a -j drop on our external interface when receives a packet
with source equal to our internal network, what other measures we have
to take?

We do host an SMTP server but nothing else. I have read about blocking
10.x.x.x addresses but also read that "some" routers/sites use those
addresses. Any anti-DoS rules? More settings?

Or maybe a link to a site that offers suggestion for proper firewall
configurations....

Thanks in advance,

Erick.

  By Date           By Thread