Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Survey: Chat and IM
From: "tony toni" <tony572001 () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:03:17 -0800

Hi,

We currently are allowing web based chat and instant messaging. I know that there are lots of security issues involved with its usage. The IT folks are telling me that it is a common practice in the industry. I have a hard time believing this and this is one battle I would like to take on.

QUESTION: DOES YOUR COMPANY ALLOW WEB BASED CHAT AND INSTANT MESSAGING? If this was a battle you fought, could you please give me some ideas on how you won the battle. Any good articles/white papers that could support my position?

Toni CISSP, CPA
Security Services
NW Mutural Banking LTD