mailing list archives
Re: Need Help Building Linux Based Firewall
From: Jason Dixon <jasondixon () myrealbox com>
Date: 27 Nov 2002 19:43:13 -0500
Please invest in O'Reilly's Building Internet Firewalls book (or a
suitable alternative). The questions you've asked cannot possibly be
answered in a short response (or even a long one).
On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 21:24, Khuzairi Yahaya wrote:
Dear Tech Gurus,
I was given the responsibility to setup a Linux Based Firewall. I am
looking at either Redhat, Mandrake and Suse
on intel platform and Sparc based.
I need your opinion on the following:
1. Which OS is considered the best suited for a firewall?
2. What are the application/software required to be installed?
3. What security conserns/issues I need to address?
4. Should I use multiple processors?
5. Any website for reference?
Any help is very much appreciated here.