Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re(2): ridiculous situation
From: Christian Friedl <bugtraq () mediaclan at>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:21:40 +0100 (MET)

bda <bda () mirrorshades net> writes on
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 21:11:50 +0100 (MET):

Write up a decently detailed plan for migrating each of the running
services off the machines onto newly installed, secure boxes. You
can't
trust those machines, you can't really trust the previous
administrator(s), and you can't trust what you don't know.

I love the idea. Trouble is, I bet in a hostile
environment where the management won't acknowledge security
risks until they got hacked (and then probably blaming the
sysadmin), there won't be any resources to be got for aquiring
"newly installed, secure boxes".

Just another rant. I know.

chris

  By Date           By Thread