Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Active Directory Management problems over Linux PPTP VPN
From: NetNITCO Systems Administration <joshadmin () netnitco net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 11:25:43 -0600

First off, thanks to everybody who responded to my previous Linux PPTP
VPN email.  I can pull up shares and map printers over the VPN.  But,
now my latest issue:

As I stated, I can map shares, and if certain levels of access are
needed to access the share, it prompts me for login/password.  I can
enter <DOMAIN>\<username> for the login and my Windows domain password
and then it allows me to access the shares.  So, that all seems to be
working just fine, but now, the problem is that the LAN Administrator is
unable to use the Active Directory Management tools.

When attempting to use the Active Directory tools, errors regarding the
LSA appear.  When you select to connect to a domain, I can click the
"browse" button, and it finds our Active Directory domain, but for some
reason it cannot connect to it.  Is there some other level of authority
that needs to be established or do you have to be logged into the domain
before you can administer it?  I'm not quite sure how the tool works.

Thanks for the help!

--Josh Snyder, Linux/UNIX Systems Administrator
NetNITCO Internet Services
joshadmin () netnitco net
http://www.netnitco.net/