Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: WiFi security implications
From: "dave kleiman" <dave () isecureu com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 18:23:59 -0500

Oliver,

He means on some AP's you can adjust the strength of the Beacon, so let say
you can turn it down low enough where it only emits for 50 feet.

There is an option on the connection for your wireless, in XP that says let
Windows Handle This Connection, if you uncheck it you should see the
features for SSID etc...

Imagine that Microsoft thinks that you want your wireless connection set to
AUTO find, sounds like they are really going after that new "security"
methodology.

Dave Kleiman, CISSP, MCSE, CIFI
dave () isecureu com
www.SecurityBreachResponse.com

"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation."
Jack Kinder