Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: MPLS Encryption
From: Clive.Madden () barclayscapital com
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:21:39 -0000

Hi Shawn, fully understand your response but maybe I should explain the
environment and what I'm looking for. Dual carrier MPLS cloud with RFC2547
inter-connects between carriers with branch site connectivity to both
clouds. The objective is to provide full encryption between sites with
minimum complexity. We'd like to leave the original header in the clear to
leverage some of the carrier management features so only encrypting the
payload is preferred. In addition to this we'd prefer not to have to worry
about managing SA negotiation between every encryption device. This would
require thousands based on the number of sites we have. So effectively we'd
like a product that could only do payload encryption which uses some central
PKI for key management (same keys of every device) and not have to worry
about the exchange between every encryption device. This way the key to use
is the same for all destination and the MPLS clouds could then route based
on the original header. This removes the complexity of having to manage
thousands of tunnels/peers.

Any idea on a product would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks again for your help.
C.