Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Wi-Fi Security - setup of AirSnarf
From: Ronish Mehta <sf_mail_sbm () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 05:16:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
My company wants to set up a Wi-Fi solution for giving
clients Internet access

From a security point of view, I feel that it is not a
secure enough solution

I want to use Airsnarf (http://airsnarf.shmoo.com/) as
a 'proof-of-concept' on the security issues with Wi-Fi
solution to present to management

Has anyone tried Airsnarf?

I wanted some help on how to set it up and running, in
particular:

- what NIC do i have to install on my pc, can a
Wireless adapter used on client pc's be used to act as
an AP?

if someone has setup Airsnarf please help...

thanking u very much,
Ronish

http://photos.yahoo.com/