Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: SPAM filter...
From: "Paul Kurczaba" <paul () myipis com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:01:35 -0500

Kerio MailServer, although not open source, has a "max. number of unknown
recipients (directory harvest attack protection)" feature. I have enabled
this on my email server, and have it set to 5. Therefore, when the spammer
guesses five incorrect email addresses, the mailserver will block the
spammers IP. It is very effective.

-Paul Kurczaba