Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Harden a windows network
From: <mosquitooth () gmx net>
Date: 25 Dec 2003 17:05:19 -0000

Hi

I own three PCs (Windows)that are linked by cable to a Netgear WGT624 WLAN- router and one notebook that access the
internet via WLAN. Now, to secure my network I have done the following:

- all latest patches on all systems
- every system has got a personal firewall (sygate)
- every system has got a anti-virus software (up to date)
- for WLAN: - WPA is activated
            - ACL for MAC- addresses is set, so that only my notebook can
              access the network
            - SSID broadcast is OFF

Did I forget anything useful to harden this network?
The problem is, that my neighbour also bought WLAN equipment *ugghh* so I really need outside and inside security!

Thanks and a happy new year

mosquitooth