Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: VPN using Redhat Linux 8.0
From: Ned Fleming <ned () kaw us>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 09:16:58 -0600

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:57:51 -0600, "Aman Raheja"
<amannetsec () hotmail com> wrote:

I have a LAN at office (Win XP Prof, Slackware Linux, Redhat Linux 8.0)
connected to the outside world with a router.
RH Linux server has samba installed and configured.
I want to set up a VPN so that I can access the databse and files on my
office LAN from home. I have RH Linux at home too.

The office isn't firewalled? Dear me!

You'll have to transmogrify one of the office Linux boxes into a vpn.

It's dead easy:

        http://openvpn.sourceforge.net

  By Date           By Thread