Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

irc port open on 6668/tcp and 6667/tcp
From: Harish Gondavale <hardgo () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 01:19:43 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

We are having two NT 4 domain controller servers, PDC
& BDC. Both are used as resource domain controllers,
print and file servers. Same applications like quota
manager, hp jet direct software, are installed on both
the servers.

Recently I was trying nampwin 1.3.1 and found that out
of these servers, PDC has open tcp port on 6667 & 6668
for irc. I tried to search some information on
internet and found that there are some trojans also,
which open these ports.

Now my question is, why these port are open on PDC? Is
there something suspicious? What should I do to find
the exact reason?

Thanks for all your help.

Harish