Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

workgroup
From: "Kenzo" <kenzo_chin () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:31:43 -0600

I was wondering if there's a way to see who's in a windows workgroup.
Yes, my work still use windows workgroup.  I 've been trying to change that
to AD so that the guys to have to run around just to install updates.
Getting there slowly.
Anyways, I've notice that sometimes a workgroup will just pop up. Most of
the time when someone brings in a laptop from home and plugs it in, it will
do that.  But now, In windows 2000, you have an option that you can set so
that no one can get in your computer( I believe in the local security
policy), so anyone trying to go into the workgroup won't be able to.
Usually if someone bring in their laptop, they let us know ahead of time to
make sure that it's ok, but what if someone did come in and set their
computer to block all access to it, how can I see who it is. Like the
computer name or IP address.

Thanks.

  By Date           By Thread