Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Suggestions on free XP hard drive wiping utilities?
From: Leo Security <security () fastmail fm>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:07:03 -0500

There is Eraser, Sure Delete, and PGP Wipe. All three are free. I like using all three one after the another just to be sure.

Leo

John Hendren wrote:

I like Eraser, it does a better job than many others I have tried.  It
can 'erase' ntfs alternate data streams, swap file, cluster tips and its
easy to use. It's thorough and now open source too.
http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/
Although, if your going to throw them away anyway...the most secure and
fun method involves sledge hammers and other blunt force instruments. ;)