Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Question about dmz security
From: "Jennifer Fountain" <JFountain () rbinc com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:42:01 -0500

I need an opinion on a current design implementation in place.  We have
an ftp server sitting in our dmz.  This box has two nics - one is
plugged into the dmz hub and one is plugged into our network.  I think
this is a security risk and we should just allow internal users access
to the box via the firewall by opening the port instead of having dual
nics.  they do not see a security risk. maybe i am just too new at this
and need some education.  what is the "best" way to implement this
configuration?

Thank you
Jenn Fountain

  By Date           By Thread