Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Email headers
From: "Richard H. Cotterell" <seec () mail retina ar>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 09:27:41 -0300

Ref: Marty <marti () videotron ca>'s
     message dated 20 February 2003, 13:32 hours.

Hi group,

Could someone explain how to decipher Email header? How can we know the
real sender of spam or virus email?

The best place you can go to for a very complete course on e-mail headers
is, in my personal view, Gerry Boyd's web page on the subject.

Go to:

<http://www.expita.com>

You will learn, that I guarantee.  :)

--
Richard H. Cotterell  <mailto:seec () mail retina ar>

A true knight is fuller of bravery in the midst, than in the
beginning of danger.
  -Sir Philip Sidney

  By Date           By Thread