Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: e-mail policies
From: "Fields, James" <James.Fields () bcbsfl com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:35:28 -0500

Your company simply cannot respect the privacy of its employees with respect
to E-Mails sent through your own E-Mail servers.  Employees should be
required to read and sign off on acceptance of an E-Mail policy, in which it
should be made crystal clear that their communications using corporate
resources are NOT private.  Corporate E-Mail accounts are not for personal
communications.

I think you will find that even most Internet Service Providers include such
language in their policies; they don't guarantee that no one at the ISP will
ever see your E-Mail.