Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Packet Generator
From: "Tace " <tace () lycos com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 07:36:50 +0700

Hi,
   you can try PacketCrafter from www.komodia.com

Tace

On Fri, 9 May 2003 08:57:02
 Martijn Dunnebier wrote:
Hi all,

I'm searching for a packet generator that can make custom packets and
send it over an ethernet netwerk. I want to test my firewall and IDS
system with this, so I'd like to switch the syn, syn/ack and ack flags
on and off. If I can give the packet a (custom) payload that would be
really nice. I have a Windows based network and use a Windows 2000
workstation. I've searched the SecurityFocus archives and Googled
around, but could not find anything that anwsers my wishes (there are a
lot of generators for *nix platforms, but not to much for Windows based
systems). Any links or directions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Martijn.

FastTrain has your solution for a great CISSP Boot Camp. The industry's most
recognized corporate security certification track, provides a comprehensive
prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of security. This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, case
studies and true hands-on utilization
of pertinent security tools. For a limited time you can enter for a chance
to win one of the latest technological innovations, the SEGWAY HT.
Log onto http://www.securityfocus.com/FastTrain-security-basics