Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Packet Generator
From: "Dieter Sarrazyn" <dsr () ascure com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 08:15:14 +0200

Maybe this can help:

http://www.laurentconstantin.com/en/lcrzoex/

Regards,
Dieter

-----Original Message-----
From: Martijn Dunnebier [mailto:Martijn.Dunnebier () c-it nl]
Sent: vrijdag 9 mei 2003 8:57
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Packet Generator

Hi all,

I'm searching for a packet generator that can make custom
packets and send it over an ethernet netwerk. I want to test
my firewall and IDS system with this, so I'd like to switch
the syn, syn/ack and ack flags on and off. If I can give the
packet a (custom) payload that would be really nice. I have a
Windows based network and use a Windows 2000 workstation.
I've searched the SecurityFocus archives and Googled around,
but could not find anything that anwsers my wishes (there are
a lot of generators for *nix platforms, but not to much for
Windows based systems). Any links or directions will be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Martijn.

-------------
FastTrain has your solution for a great CISSP Boot Camp. The
industry's most
recognized corporate security certification track, provides a
comprehensive
prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of
security. This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures,
case studies and true hands-on utilization
of pertinent security tools. For a limited time you can enter
for a chance
to win one of the latest technological innovations, the SEGWAY HT.
Log onto http://www.securityfocus.com/FastTrain-security-basics