Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: suggestions on a good firewall
From: "Chris Carter" <chris.carter () ebunda com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 18:59:01 +0200

If you're willing/able to run SuSE 8.1 on your firewall hardware, you
can use the iptables firewall built-in to the kernel; then use one of
the many front-ends (some I can suggest are):
        - Suse firewall 2 (comes with 8.1).
        - Shorewall
        - Webmin and turtlefirewall (very easy to configure in my
opinion and a good starting point).

Cheers!
Chris

- Standard disclaimers apply -