Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Password Cracking
From: "Scott" <aldr1c () nildram co uk>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:58:48 +0100

Peter,

        This is one of the widest questions that you can ask.  The best bet,
rather than offer sage advice about personal tool favourites etc is to point
you in the right direction.  Some sites of use to start with are:
 www.astalavista.com
www.neworder.box.sk
www.lopht.com or www. () stake com

There are a host of sites out there offering more in-depth and beginner
information than can be effectively communicated in an email.  There may be
a case for employing a security consultant to review your systems.  There is
no indication on your email as to which OS you run, web servers, databases
etc, each of which may host an exposed vulnerability that has been
exploited.

Hope that this helps.  Good luck with 'the quest'

Scott