Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Ports 1985 and 1986
From: "Wilcox, Stephen" <StephenWilcox () universalcomputersys com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:23:47 -0500

The ports are used for Cisco

1985 - HSRP
1986 - Management Lic

Here are a few good web sites

http://www.stengel.net/tcpports.htm

http://www.ec11.dial.pipex.com/port-num.shtml#1900

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/app_port_list.htm

http://www.secstats.com/tools/portsearch.asp

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~rakerman/port-table.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Lane [mailto:crash () pinehurst net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 4:55 PM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Ports 1985 and 1986

This afternoon I noticed a couple connections on a new server on ports
1985 and 1986.  Anyone know what these ports are?

The machine is a win2k web server with Ensim installed, MS SQL Server 7,
and not much else.  It has all the latest updates from MS as well.

If anyone has any info, or needs more info from me, please let me know.
    Unfortunately, I am a linux admin, not a windows admin, so I am not
sure yet how to track down things like rogue processes, and which user
is doing which, and what is bound to what port on a windows machine.

Thanks
Jeff

--
Jeffrey Lane
ConnectNC.com / Internet of the Sandhills

chown -r us:us /yourbase/

Thinking About Security Training? You Can't Afford Not To!

Vigilar's industry leading curriculum includes:  Security +, Check Point,
Hacking & Assessment, Cisco Security, Wireless Security & more! Register Now!
--UP TO 30% off classes in select cities--
http://www.securityfocus.com/Vigilar-security-basics

The information transmitted in this message is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
 If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this document.