Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Ports 1985 and 1986
From: "Zimin, Alex" <alex () towerrecords com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 10:23:54 -0700

Try fport from foundstone, it will show the applications listening on
those ports.
http://www.foundstone.com/resources/intrusion_detection.htm

Alex.

This afternoon I noticed a couple connections on a new server
on ports
1985 and 1986.  Anyone know what these ports are?

The machine is a win2k web server with Ensim installed, MS
SQL Server 7,
and not much else.  It has all the latest updates from MS as well.

If anyone has any info, or needs more info from me, please
let me know.
    Unfortunately, I am a linux admin, not a windows admin,
so I am not
sure yet how to track down things like rogue processes, and
which user
is doing which, and what is bound to what port on a windows machine.

Thinking About Security Training? You Can't Afford Not To!

Vigilar's industry leading curriculum includes:  Security +, Check Point,
Hacking & Assessment, Cisco Security, Wireless Security & more! Register Now!
--UP TO 30% off classes in select cities--
http://www.securityfocus.com/Vigilar-security-basics