Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Lost permission tab
From: "Bruyere, Michel" <mbruyere () ezemcanada com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 14:06:02 -0400

Hi,
        Look at the filesystem you're using.... if it's not NTFS then it is
normal not to hav ethe permission tab. You can convert to NTFS by using the
CONVERT command.

Hope this help

M.Bruyere

Hi,
I am not sure if I can post this question here; if I should not,
please reply me in private or redirect me to a more appropriate
resource.

I just had to reinstall WinXP Pro. and after have installed
everything and done the other configutations, I tried to set up the
permission over the different files and folders to the local users.
The problem is that I no longer find the tab for set up the
permission in any file/folder properties windows.

As far as I remember, I reinstalled and configured everything as I
ever done in the past, so I do not have any idea why the perimission
tab does not show up in the properties windows.

Any tips to how solve the problem.

Thank in advance.