Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Setting up secure windows xp network
From: Lachlan McGill <Lachlan.McGill () au logical com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 13:29:41 +1000

As a very simple method, you can try just blocking ports on the network card
level in its TCP/IP properties. This is very simple and also not necessarily
the most secure.

You should be able to get some success with third party apps such as
Nortons, Mcafee and Zone Alarm. Its just a matter of configuring them
properly to suit your setup.