Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Distressing, possibly life threatening emails from free accounts (yahoo, hotmail
From: "Ken Horton" <Ken_Horton () hc-sc gc ca>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 13:54:20 -0400

Due to the advent of spam trojan horses, it may be nearly impossible.
Contact Yahoo, they'll terminate the account and investigate.  Also submit
the emails to your federal cybercrime/police authority (FBI in the US).

                      "steve baker"

                      <stephenbbaker () ho        To:       security-basics () securityfocus com

                      tmail.com>               cc:

                                               Subject:  Distressing, possibly life threatening emails from free
accounts (yahoo,

                      PM

One of our users has received questionable and possibly life threatening
emails from a yahoo account that was created recently.  They have
approached
us to find out as much as we can pertaining to the person sending it.

Of course, we are not YAHOO so we cannot determine anything about the mail
other than the content.

How can we find out who sent this?