Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

LANguard vs Nessus
From: Magnus Påhlsson <mfp () itn liu se>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 07:46:06 +0200

Greetings.

I've been using Nessus as network (in)security scanner for quite some
time and I'm happy with everything it can do. I am however curious how
LANguard compares to Nessus, what can LANg do that Nessus can't and vice
versa? The obvious difference is that LANg can deploy patches and my
question about that is; does it work and is it safe to use on 500+
computers?

regards,
Magnus

FastTrain has your solution for a great CISSP Boot Camp. The industry's most recognized corporate security certification track, provides a comprehensive prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of security. This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, case studies and true hands-on utilization of pertinent security tools. For a limited time you can enter for a chance to win one of the latest technological innovations, the SEGWAY HT. Log onto http://www.securityfocus.com/FastTrain-security-basics ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

  By Date           By Thread