Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

FreeBSD 4.8. passwd under ipfw
From: .zZz. <vlasov () quantum ru>
Date: 6 Nov 2003 13:20:00 -0000

Hello!
I've some problems with 'passwd' under ipfw - when I try to do it, nothing happend and after several minnutes passwd
wake up. In this period I have this by 'soskstat -4l':

USER     COMMAND    PID   FD PROTO  LOCAL ADDRESS         FOREIGN ADDRESS
root     passwd   39692    4 udp4   *:1022                *:*

Looks like passwd listen udp port 1022 (range about 1015-1022).
When i flush my ipfw (default to deny) - everythin work fine.

Please tell me, what is it?

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027