Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Possible Virus or trojan?
From: PAUL NICKELSON <pjn308 () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:07:42 -0800 (PST)

Has anyone ever seen an email with the following body?

Re[2]: our private photos ocooeaoe

Hello Dear!,

Finally i've found possibility to right u, my lovely
girl :)
All our photos which i've made at the beach (even when
u're without ur bh:))
photos are great! This evening i'll come and we'll
make the best SEX :)

Right now enjoy the photos.
Kiss, James.
ocooeaoe

With an attached file named photos.zip and within
that, photo.jpg.exe.  Is this something new or a
targeted attack?  I did find a reference to
netwatch.exe in hex editor and if installed will start
netwatch.exe.  Thanks.

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027