Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: AIM Security?
From: "matt willson" <mwillson () sbcglobal net>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 21:58:35 -0800

I have been using A digital certificate thru verisign now for AIM, going
on 2 months now. In todays age of anonymous pranksters, and the growing
rate of instant messaging users, I believe everyone should be required
to obtain even a minimal form of identification.  While I have always
used aim and msn, yahoo should focus on similar principals. Upon
sniffing my networks on a regular basies for fun, I've noticed yahoo
doesn't use encryption, much less not send cleartext passwords when
checking webmail.