Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: bash_history to track users
From: Jimi Thompson <jimit () myrealbox com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:04:29 -0600

The ONLY thing this would useful for is being able to backtrack a clue-less user. A malicious user with clue will do what he wants and then go hand edit the bash history. After all, it's in his home directory and he owns it.

What kind of an environment are you trying to secure - is this a business where you can use something like a key stroke logger? or is it open to the internet?

Thanks,

Jimi