Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Suggested "safe" password length
From: Ashish Sharma <ashishs () iitg ernet in>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:35:48 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
I wanted to have an idea about what should be the suggested range of
password lengths and if there is any upper bound.
I was told that there is a range upto which your password is encrypted
and beyond which the characters are futile. I work on a linux environment
with md5 encryption of passwords enabled.
TIA
Ashish

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027