Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: easiest way to keep a Redhat 9 box
From: "Jason Jaszewski" <sec_info () page55 com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:30:57 -0600

try APT-RPM:

http://apt-rpm.tuxfamily.org/

it seems to work pretty well....

-----Original Message-----
From: caldcv () students fccj org [mailto:caldcv () students fccj org]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 4:32 PM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: easiest way to keep a Redhat 9 box

Hi,    I just installed Redhat 9, and I'm some-what used to using Debian and
its wonderful apt-get command, however I noticed Redhat lacked such a
capability. However, they had the RHN (Redhat Network) option which costs
money.    Is there a third-party piece of software that auto-updates a
Redhat box?

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027