Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ISA server
From: "David Lanagan" <DLanagan () sterlinginsurancegroup com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:19:18 +0000

I don't think anyone really understands my question (although thanks for replies so far).  Let me explain again.

I'm after a good quality proxy product that will allow me to do the following:

1. Proxy
2. Log who accesses what site
3. Have the ability to link in content filtering
4. Be able to have 2 proxy servers at different ends of the WAN but allow users to access the remote proxy should their
local one fail.

Maybe I'm posting this at the wrong place as proxy isn't a 100% security solution.  For the record I've already got
firewalls and don't intend using the chosen product for anything else.  I need it to be win32 as I don't have linux
experience.

Thanks for any assistance you can give,

Dave.

Greg Owens <greg.l.owens () verizon net> 11/18/03 06:39pm >>>
I do not like it.  I do not understand how anyone can use Microsoft as a security solution.  Norton and MacAfee have
made billions off Microsoft attacks, yet people still want to use it as a Security Solution.  People sit home and find
ways to hack it, yet people still want to use it as a Security Solution.  I do not understand.