Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: MAC Authentication device
From: "Hasnain Atique" <hatique () hasnains com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:41:41 +0800

Using MAC-based authentication is essentially flawed, since the MAC can
easily be spoofed in softwre. Consider firewalling your entire network,
and allowing access via a VPN which authenticates your trusted users.
Thus, gaining port access or even an IP address from a DHCP server won't
expose your trusted network.