Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Searching For Virus Info
From: "Mike" <mjcarter () ihug co nz>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 20:57:27 +1300

HI Everyone,
I've recently had to try and find a virus name by it's characteristics and
was wondering if there is a service that does this.
The problem I have is that if I don't know or can't remember the virus name
but know the characteristics and I try to search a virus by "for instance"
the message body I can't find any info about it.

Is there a service I'm unaware of?

p.s No google doesn't seem to work, it either pulls up too much info which
wastes too much time and often goes no where or nothing at all and I do know
how to use it.

Thanks
Mike