Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Is The RPC a Protocol or a winXP-Service?
From: "Dave Killion" <dkillion () charter net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:57:35 -0800

In newer versions of Windows (2000+ I believe) it also listens on the Active
Directory port (445), and perhaps others as well (I believe IIS even listens
to it on port 80!).

Otherwise, I agree with the others - it's a (proprietary) Protocol used by
many Services listening on many Ports.

My $0.02

-Dave Killion