Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

TTY Login
From: "Thiago Lima " <thiagolima () webforce com br>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:57:19 -0200

    Hi Folks,

    Let me explain my problem :

    I have several machines in many locations, they're firewalls for my
clients.  I don't like idea for writing down all root passwords for 2
reasons :
        1) security
        2) Every time I went to a client I would have to bring the root
password with me

    So I thougth about those securitycards that can generate root
passwords on the fly based on some algoritmh.  If I went to the client I
could just see a PIN (right?) on screen and then calculate the root
password. I know there's some "CARDS" that can do that, even if I don't
really know the name of one, but there's any that gives me the same
thing without a card?  That I could calculate using other software?

        If you guys could point me to some urls or texts that would be
great.

regards
thiago