Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Windows SUS Question
From: "Andrew Shore" <andrew.shore () holistecs com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:58:19 +0100

SUS uses win2k policy installation. Therefore, the patches are applied
by the local service account.

You set up an MS policy (policy file is supplied with SUS) which tells
the machines where to get the update list from and when to apply.

This does imply, of course that all machines are in a Domain and not a
workgroup.

Andy