Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Help with security and topology
From: "jack" <force () iprimus com au>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:04:15 +0930

Hello, i'm interested in really locking my network down
i'd like a few suggestions to further secure the network apart from static
arp, ipsec, firewall & proxy
Current network topology:

     [internet]

        +-------+
        |  buf  |
        +-------+
           *|
           *|
           *|
        +-------+           192.168.1.0/24      +-------+
        | loop  |--------------[switch]---------|  phx  |
        +-------+                       |                   +-------+

                                        +-------+
                                        | foof  |
                                        +-------+

* [encrypted communication]

buf functions as the firewall, loop functions as the proxy server

force

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html