Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Netscape 7.0 and sendmail - SMTP AUTH
From: "Idan Plotnik" <idan () securenet co il>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:05:20 +0300

Hi all,

I am connecting to my POP3 server with Netscape Mail 7.0, the mail
server sends the mail to my Mail Relay - sendmail and must authenticate
with user name and password. I configured SMTP Authentication.

When I am using Outlook Express it's working just fine, I configure the
Outlook express in the Outgoing Server option -> "My Server require
authentication"
I can put there user name and password!!!

In the Netscape Mail program, I am configuring this option like this ->
http://support.earthlink.net/mu/1/psc/img/walkthroughs/windows_9x_nt/ema
il/Netscape_Mail_7.0/8358.psc.html
I cant put there user name and password!!! Just user name

And when I am trying to send a mail I am getting this message:

An error occurred while sending mail. the mail server responded: 5.7.1
<bla () bla com>...Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [1.1.1.1]
.Please check the message recipients and try again

Someone familiar with this error??

Thanks a lot.

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html