Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

GFI LanGuard patch-management ... does not work !?
From: "Hamid . K" <elite_netbios () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:03:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi

Here in our domain , as a beta solution
I tried GFI-Security scanner and it`s remote patch
installation feature .
well , seems it`s just a demo !
and what does "demo" means ?
my first scan resault was cool . it detected some
missing patches , I downloaded them to it`s repository
and finally I deployed them .
But on next schedule , I got samething !
scan resault told me same things as first
scan/deployment
and seems non of those patched are not going to be
identified/installed .
the proccess seems to be working , like transfering
patches and installation . all seems ok
but why GFI detect them as missing patches again !?

I tried all possible ways to deploy ..forcing reboot ,
unattended deployments , skipping user notifications
and etc.

any idea , why it does not work fine ?

regards
H,K